If you’re getting a new roof, here’s what you should expect. At Eustis Roofing Company, we always strive to make your roof installation as painless as possible but there are a few things we would like you to take note of during the installation process of your roof.
First things first, re-Roofing is removing several tons of asphalt from your roof to the dump and installing all new materials–so take notes, this is a major construction!
What to Expect When Getting a New Roof:
- The materials used for your new roof installation will be delivered a few days before the crew arrives. The materials will be loaded up on your roof with the shingle packages spread along the roof ridge line and other necessary materials distributed evenly in areas that will hold as safe as possible until the crew arrives.
- We will have a dump trailer brought to your home. We will place this trailer in the closest area usually along the road shoulder frontage of your home. Some subdivision regulations and other factors will not allow this – in that case, it will have to be placed in your driveway. In this case, you may want to have your vehicle removed from the garage/driveway area so you can come and go as needed.
- When the crew arrives they will have already been instructed on any details necessary for your custom roof installation needs. Richard or Jason will be stopping by with the crew or shortly after their arrival to meet with you and go over any questions you may have. Every crew has a Crew Foreman with experience in the scope of work applications and will be on site at all times. Jason or Richard will be stopping by periodically throughout the job process. At the time of completion, either Richard or Jason will inspect the final roof installation.
- A roof removal and install is noisy! We apologize in advance that this is unavoidable. You may want to consider a day trip 🙂
- Eustis Roofing Company takes great care and exercises reasonable caution when performing the work, but cannot be held responsible in any manner for damage to concrete, foliage, pipes or cables above or below the ground not limited to but included A/C lines unforeseen in the attic. The homeowner is urged to protect your property by removing any valuable or sentimental objects around the property and/or off walls and shelves inside and out to avoid damages or breakage. The roof construction causes vibrations that cannot be avoided. Please check all ceiling and wall fixtures to ensure the installation is secure and tight. Vibration can cause weak installations to become loose or fall for which Eustis Roofing Company cannot be held responsible. While these occurrences are VERY RARE it is always best to err on the side of caution.
- Eustis Roofing Company will not leave your job until it is completely finished. Depending on the size of your roof will depend on how long your job will take. Most jobs are usually completed within 1-2 days. We ensure that you are watertight before leaving the job in the case of a next day production.
- The crew will keep all debris contained as much as possible during the job process. Grounds will be cleaned and a powerful magnet dragged around the property before leaving the site. As careful as we are it is impossible to always get every nail. Please take precautions and inspect your yard, driveway and walkways and do not walk barefoot around the job site during the job and after the job has been completed.
- A job permit will be placed on your job site in a plastic sleeve. An official from the Building Dept. will sign off on the job completion. Please keep this posted and do not remove it until our office calls and instructs you to.
Please read this section if you are having skylights replaced:
- Please place an old sheet or blanket on the floor under the skylight area(s). Upon removal and replacement of your skylight, dust and slight debris may fall inside. This makes for an easy cleanup.
- Your inside skylight trim may need to be painted or trim installed with your new skylights. This isn’t usually necessary but we want you to be aware it may be necessary. This is unavoidable and usually unknown ahead of time.
We take pride in making this process as easy as possible for you the homeowner! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns; we will do our best to answer them!
If you’re interested in getting a new roof, give us a call today at (352) 343-4240 for a free quote.