Architectural shingle roofs are our most requested roof system. Eustis Roofing specializes in many quality roof systems but hands down Architectural shingle installations takes the lead.
So if you’re planning on re-roofing your home, you can look no further than architectural shingle roofs by Eustis Roofing. It is, after all our specialty. But what exactly are architectural roofing shingles?
What exactly are architectural roofing shingles?
About 40 years ago, improvements to dimensional shingles resulted in the formation of new, high-grade asphalt roofing that was not only durable but beautiful looking. This improvement became known as architectural shingles.
Commonly known as laminated or dimensional shingles, this type of roofing is durable—very durable. The material, itself, is composed of a fiberglass base and a ceramic coating that creates a water-resistant and durable asphalt.
Though architectural roofing shingles vary in size and shape, they are always extraordinarily strong. Unlike their counterparts, 3-tab, they are aesthetically appealing.
Since they are designed to cast more distinct lines, they look more like traditional roofing (or wood shingles). This means that architectural shingles create a more natural look. Because of their strength, they come with a longer warranty. These shingles do not need replacing for some time, usually 20-30 years.
ARCHITECTURAL SHINGLE ROOFS VS. 3 TABS
- The 3-Tab shingle installations have become outdated because they do not support sufficient wind loads. And for Florida, you need a shingle that can support sufficient wind loads.
- Architectural shingle roofs have a 130 mph wind load with the 3 Tabs falling behind at only 70 mph. That’s the difference between a tropical storm and a category 4 hurricane.
- If strength is what you’re looking for, then architectural shingle roofs beat 3 Tabs by categories.
- We have installed many roof shingle Manufacturers’ materials for many years and have found CertainTeed Landmark and CertainTeed Landmark PRO to be a strong contender in quality and value when it comes to architectural shingle roofing.
- Eustis Roofing installs the Manufacturer’s complete system using CertainTeed SwiftStart starter shingles as well as CertainTeed’s Shadow Hip and Ridge shingles.
- By installing the Manufacturer’s complete system, we are able to provide the homeowner with a 10 Year Extended Warranty Period on the Manufacturer’s issued warranty.
Eustis Roofing complies with the engineering requirements specified by the Manufacturer and adheres to our local City and County Building Codes.
Our Crews are Shingle Master Certified and work together as a well-trained team. To quote one of our homeowners, “watching your crew work together on my roof was like watching a symphony.” They work together in unison.
When it comes to our employees, we always make sure that we invest in them by working solely with our five, full-time team members that have well over ten years of experience installing roofs in Central Florida, and the greater area.
Since we use high-grade roofing materials for architectural shingle roofs from CertainTeed, you can be reassured that your roof will be made to perfection. CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, decking, and ceilings.
CertainTeed has many helpful tools to help guide your decision making. View the Landmark and Landmark PRO color palettes. CertainTeed also offers a Colorview Tool and Designer Tools which will help you find the perfect color shingle for your home.
ARCHITECTURAL SHINGLE ROOFS
BY EUSTIS ROOFING
Re-roofing your home? Architectural shingle roofs may be right for you.
If you’re interested in a new roof installation for your home, Eustis Roofing offers many roofing options, such as:
- Metal Roofs
- Architectural Shingle Roofs
- Flat Roofs
- Flat Roof Coatings
- Manufactured Home Roofs
- Specialty Roofs
- Roof Inspections
- Roof Maintenance & Repairs
- Skylights & Solar Fans
If you’re in need of our roofing services, give us a call
today at (352) 343-4240 for a quote. We can help.